B.A. Requirements in Biophysics
as of fall 2012, the Biophysics Oversight Committee is in
the process of making changes to the Biophysics requirements that will
be submitted and hopefully approved by spring of 2013. The following
requirements are not the official ones stated in
but are what the Biophysics DUS is implementing
until the proposed changes are approved.
The main proposed changes are the elimination of the two
concentrations (molecular and cellular) so that there is only one
Biophysics degree, and the requirement that students learn about
thermal physics and quantum mechanics by taking either two physics
courses or two physical chemistry courses. Otherwise, the required
courses are similar to the requirements stated in the Bulletin.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact
of Undergraduate Studies in Biophysics.
- "Fundamentals of Physics I", Physics 161L or equivalent
- "Fundamentals of Physics II", Physics 162L or equivalent
- "Introductory Calculus II With Applications", Math 122L or equivalent
- "Multivariable Calculus", Math 212
- "Core Concepts in Chemistry", Chemistry 101DL or equivalent.