Next meeting: Wednesday, January 30, 9:00 am - 10:00 am
Speaker: Rena will give a practice talk for the SPIE conference.
Journals: We will review journals if there is time. Please update the Google Docs either way.
- Jenkins and White
- Hecht and Zajac
- Born and Wolf
- Nano-optics of surface plasmon polaritons - Zayats et al.
- Gold Nanoparticles: Assembly, Supramolecular Chemistry, Quantum-Size-Related Properties, and Applications toward Biology, Catalysis, and Nanotechnology - Daniel and Astruc
- Surface Plasmon Circuitry - Physics Today
- Haynes et al.
- Zhao et al.
- CLEO/QELS 2008 CWM3 - Zhang et al.
- Kreibig - Optical Properties of Metal Clusters - 2.1.4a Nonspherical Cluster Shapes
- Chen et al. - Bioenabled Nanophotonics
The icon links to the RSS feed, and the journal title links to the journal homepage, or a site hosting the journal contents.
- PRL - Hannah
- PRA - Bonnie
- PRE - David
- PRX - Meg
- Opt. Comm. - N/A
- Opt. Lett. - Dan
- Opt. Exp. - Hannah
- Chaos - N/A
- Science - Lou
- Nature - Bonnie
- Nature Physics - Lou
- Nature Photonics - Meg
- JOSA B - Meg
- Applied Physics Letters - Bonnie
- Nature Communications - Damien
- IEEE Journal of Quantum Electronics - Damien
About RSS feeds
The APS RSS FAQ answers several questions about RSS feeds. I personally like using Google Reader because it has fast search features, and is web-based so I can use it from anywhere. The APS also has a list of other RSS feed readers for various platforms. On the department machines, Firefox and Liferea are both available in the "Internet" sub-menu.