For Graduate Students:
- Your primary goal as a
graduate student is to perform independent research
- Ways to finding a research group and an advisor:
- In your 1st year, by February, you should begin conversations with
research groups in preparation for finding a group to join for your
- If you and the your group want to continue your relationship, inquire
about RA funding for your 2nd year.
If there is none RA funding for your 2nd year, you can work as a TA.
- If it doesn't work your summer research, or it seems likely that you
would not have RA funding beginning your 3th year,
you need to find a different
It is best to work on that in your Fall Term, before the 1st year students
are looking for their new research groups.
- Your research expectations: