Physics 143 Fall 2007
Optics and Modern Physics
Instructor: Prof. Kate Scholberg
- 11/23/07: Homework 11 and 12 due dates are changed to Friday, in order
that homeworks can cover appropriate material.
- 11/23/07: I will have additional office hours on Thu Nov 29 and
Thu Dec 6, 2:30-3:30 pm.
- 12/06/07: My usual office hours on Sunday will be shifted a half
hour early: they will be 2:30-4:30 pm because I have to catch a plane.
- 12/06/07: I will be away Sunday evening to Wednesday evening next
week, but should be in email contact. I will be back on Thursday morning, and
should be around most of that morning in case you have last minute questions.
- 12/06/07: The final is on December 13, 2-5 pm, in the regular classroom.
- It will be in a style similar to that of the quizzes, but with 22-24 questions. A practice final is posted; solutions will be posted early next week.
- You will be allowed a cheat sheet, with whatever you want handwritten
on both sides (or 2 pages, 1 side each.) You may reuse old cheat sheets,
but you do not get extra area (OK to photocopy them shrunk down).
You must hand in the cheat sheet with your exam.
I will give you tables of spherical harmonics and radial
wavefunctions. Anything else you think you'll need, you should write
on your sheet.
- Calculators are allowed, but you may not use special functions
like graphing, programming, etc., i.e. they may only be used
for simple computation (which is all you should need them for).
- General Course Information
- Staff Office Hours & Contact Info
- Syllabus, Schedule & Lecture Info
- Quizzes and Exams
- Blackboard (used for grades only)
- Cool Links
- Old Announcements