Physics 105 Spring 2012
Introduction to Astrophysics
Instructor: Prof. Kate Scholberg
Welcome to Physics 105! This is a one-semester introduction
to astrophysics for upper-level science undergraduates.
- Jan 18: Project information is available on the homework page.
- Jan 18: Because I will need to be out of town from Jan 24-Feb 1, I am rescheduling some classes to Fridays (same time): please see the syllabus and schedule page.
- Feb 1: I will have office hours on Feb 1 from 1-2:30 pm
- Feb 2: My regular office hours on Sun Feb 5 are moved 1.5 hours later to 4:30-6:30 pm.
- Feb 15: Due to travel, I've needed to move some classes to Fridays in March and April: please check the syllabus for changes. There will be the same total number of lectures. The project progress report due date is now March 14. Your final project deliverable (in a form that can be posted) is still due April 23 (for those who want to do presentations, we can have these in class the week of April 16).
- Mar 28: Our observing session is scheduled for the evening of April 8 (assuming good weather). Please keep that evening free! I'll send more details closer to the time.
- Mar 30: I will be away at a conference from Friday evening to Tuesday evening, so I won't have office hours on Sunday. However I should be in email contact, so don't hesitate to email questions.
- Apr 28: The review session will be Tue May 1 9:30-11:45 am in Rm 278 (not the regular classroom). I will also have extra office hours on Wed May 2 11:00 am-noon. Please bring your questions!
- General Course Information
- Staff Office Hours & Contact Info
- Syllabus, Schedule & Lecture Info
- Sakai (used for grades only)
- Old Announcements