Topical Area: Theoretical Nanophysics
Quantum Emergent Phenomena at the Nanoscale
The main interest of the group is the interplay between quantum interference and electron-electron interactions in nanostructures. We consider a wide range of electronic nanostructures: quantum dots, metalic nanoparticles, and carbon nanotubes, for instance. A variety of analtyic and computational techniques are used: random matrix theory, semiclassical methods, density functional theory, and quantum Monte Carlo simulation.
- Strongly Interacting Electrons - D. Guclu and A. Mehta (with S. Chandrasekharan and C. Umrigar)
- Quantum Dots in Carbon Nanotubes - D. Liu
- Quantum Phase Transitions - J. Hoyos Neto (with S. Chandrasekharan)
- Quantum Computing - E. Novais (with E. Mucciolo)
- Conduction Through Single Molecules - S.-H. Ke (with W. Yang)